Spring is in full swing, and so are area farmers tailgate markets.
ASHEVILLE-AREA TAILGATE MARKETS
• Asheville City Market: 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays, 161 S. Charlotte St., now open. www.asapconnections.org.
• Asheville City Market South: 2-6 p.m. Wednesdays, 2 Town Square Blvd., Biltmore Park Town Square, now open. www.asapconnections.org.
• Black Mountain Tailgate Market: 9 a.m.-noon Saturdays, behind the First Baptist Church in Black Mountain at 130 Montreat Road, opening May 3.
• East Asheville Tailgate Market: 3-6 p.m. Fridays, Groce United Methodist Church’s parking lot at the corner of Beverly and Tunnel roads, opening May 9.
• French Broad Food Co-op Market: 2-6 p.m. Wednesdays, 76 Biltmore Ave., in the parking lot next to the French Broad Food Co-op, now open.
• Leicester Farmers Market: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturdays, Leicester Landing Shopping Center, 338 Leicester Road, behind Zaxby’s, now open. leicesterfarmersmarket.com.
• Montford Tailgate Market: 2-6 p.m. Wednesdays, parking lot of the Asheville Visitors Center, 34 Montford Ave., opening April 23.
• North Asheville Tailgate Market: 8 a.m.-noon Saturdays. UNC Asheville Campus Commuter Lot C. Take Weaver Boulevard to campus entrance at traffic circle; first parking lot on right, now open.
• Oakley Farmers Market: 3:30-6:30 p.m. Thursdays, 2013, 607 Fairview Road, opening May 8.
• Weaverville Tailgate Market: 2:30-6:30 p.m. Wednesdays. On the hill overlooking Lake Louise behind the Community Center on Weaverville Highway. Now open.
• West Asheville Tailgate Market: 2:30-5:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Nov. 26, 718 Haywood Road, in the parking area between the Grace Baptist Church and Sun Trust Bank. Now open.